Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Kidney stones can cause excruciating pain and disrupt normal urinary function. In Ayurvedic medicine, small stones are considered easier to treat compared to larger ones. Implementing Ayurvedic home remedies for kidney stones at the first signs of stone formation may help flush out the stones and prevent them from increasing in size.
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to kidney stone prevention and treatment. Making dietary and lifestyle changes is key. Herbal therapies, yoga, and Ayurvedic massages may also provide relief from kidney stone pain and complications.
Dietary Tips for Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Making changes to your daily diet is one of the most important ways to manage the best Ayurvedic solution for kidney stones. Here are some recommendations:
- Eat Salad Before Each Meal: Having a bowl of leafy green salad before your main meals helps activate digestion. The fiber and moisture from the veggies also aids the passage of kidney stones. Bitters like dandelion greens in the salad are especially beneficial.
- Focus on Home Cooked Meals: Avoid processed, packaged and canned foods which are high in preservatives, additives and sodium that could contribute to stone formation. Prepare meals at home using fresh, whole ingredients.
- Increase Horse Gram Intake: Horse gram is considered especially effective for flushing out kidney stones in Ayurveda. Eat horse gram sprouts, soup or curry once or twice a week to gain its stone-dissolving benefits.
- Drink Lemon Juice Daily: Having a glass of warm water mixed with fresh lemon juice every morning may help break down kidney stones over time. The citric acid makes urine less hospitable to stone formation.
- Limit Calcium-Rich Foods: Oxalate-rich foods like spinach, nuts and dairy can bind with calcium to form calcium oxalate stones. Limit intake of high-oxalate foods if you’re prone to this type of stone.
- Minimize Salt, Sugar and Oil: Excess sodium, sugar and oil intake stresses the kidneys. Drastically limit processed foods and instead use minimal natural oils, raw sugar and Himalayan pink salt.
- Stay Well Hydrated: Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily to produce abundant urine which can flush out kidney stone fragments. Include herbal teas and fresh vegetable/fruit juices.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: Beverages like coffee, tea, soda and alcohol can dehydrate the body and exacerbate kidney stones. Abstain from these liquids as much as possible.
Also, Watch Our Video on How to remove kidney and gallbladder stones naturally | Ayurvedic remedies for Kidney stone | Dr Brc
Ayurvedic Herbs and Supplements
Apart from the remedies for kidney stones, certain Ayurvedic herbs may help dissolve kidney stones or manage accompanying pain and inflammation when taken under supervision. Some commonly used herbs include:
- Pashanbheda: Relieves pain and helps pass stones.
- Gokshura: Reduces uric acid levels and acts as a diuretic.
- Varuna: Exerts a flushing action to clear stone fragments and gravel.
- Punarnava: Has analgesic and nephroprotective effects.
- Shilajit: Helps remedy underlying kidney deficiencies.
- Palasha: Lithotriptic properties dissolve stones over time.
Talk to an Ayurvedic practitioner about herb combinations tailored to your needs. Ensure you are using high quality, organic ingredients. Herbs should only be taken under the guidance of an expert.
Lifestyle Changes from Ayurveda
Certain lifestyle factors may contribute to kidney stone formation in Ayurveda. Here are some changes to make:
- Exercise daily to reduce obesity and prevent stones. Active yoga asanas improve metabolism.
- Practice yoga poses like halasana and bhujangasana which strengthen the kidneys.
- Reduce stress through meditation, yoga nidra and breathwork. High stress hormone levels affect kidney health.
- Avoid extended hot baths which deplete minerals and electrolytes needed for kidney function.
- Quit smoking, which is known to promote stone formation and kidney damage.
- Prevent constipation through diet, lifestyle and herbs like triphala. Constipation overburdens kidneys.
- Get regular Ayurvedic massages using herbal oils to improve circulation and kidney filtration.
- Take midday rest to improve digestive fire and kidney strength.
- Spend time outdoors getting exposure to early morning sunlight, which boosts kidney function.
Making holistic shifts to your daily routine can maintain kidney health and minimize the risks of recurrent stones in Ayurveda.
Beyond self-care measures, Ayurvedic treatments can provide relief from existing stones:
- Ushna svedana (heat therapy) helps soften and pass stones.
- Podikizhi involves massage with warm herbal powder boluses to reduce pain.
- Janu vasti involves applying warm medicated oil on the kidneys to improve circulation.
- Jalaukavacharana uses medicinal leeches to remove impure blood and reduce kidney swelling.
- Vastis or herbal enemas can help clear obstructions and cleanse the kidneys.
Consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner on therapies that may be beneficial for your condition. Do not attempt specialized treatments at home without guidance.
When to Seek Medical Care?
While you can try many Ayurvedic remedies at home for kidney health, promptly seek medical care if you experience:
- Inability to pass urine
- High fever
- Severe kidney pain that won’t subside
- Large kidney stones unlikely to pass naturally
Urgent medical stone removal may be required in such cases. Lithotripsy, ureteroscopy and percutaneous nephrolithotomy are commonly performed by doctors.
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to reducing kidney stones through dietary choices, herbs, yoga, massage and other therapies. Implementing natural remedies for kidney stones, changes to your lifestyle, limiting processed foods and staying well hydrated can help you avoid recurrences. But always seek medical care for severe stone symptoms or complications. Combining natural healing methods and modern medicine will ensure optimal kidney health.
If you are seeking professional guidance and personalized Ayurvedic treatment for kidney stones, we recommend contacting Shuddhi Clinics and their professional team today. They specialize in Ayurvedic medicine for kidney stones and can provide expert advice and therapies tailored to your specific needs. Remember, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new treatment or making significant changes to your lifestyle. Take proactive steps towards optimal kidney health by combining natural healing methods with the expertise of Ayurvedic practitioners.
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season