Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Constipation and Gas
Constipation: Causes, Symptoms and Best Home Remedies For Constipation
Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints. Usually, an individual is considered constipated when they have fewer than 3 bowel movements a week or experiencing difficulty in passing stool. Basically, constipation is a form of hard, dry stool in the rectum that is not only painful and uncomfortable but can affect urinary function. When the rectum fills with stool, excess pressure can move the bladder, which causes more complications. Constipation usually occurs when an individual has a tough time emptying the large bowel. Lifestyle changes and home remedies can often help resolve it, but sometimes it can require medical attention. The best home remedy for constipation and home remedy to release gas without any side effects is Ayurveda. So, before we read about the Ayurvedic remedies for constipation, let’s have a look at the causes, complications, and other aspects of constipation.
Causes of Constipation
Although constipation is a simple discomfort, if not treated in time or neglected, it may cause a major problem. Most people treat constipation as a waste product stuck in the intestine, and complications arise from those blocked or lodged waste products. The main problem arises when a lack of bowel movements for a long time sends wrong signals to the immune system, liver, brain, etc. This leads to complications like a migraine. Some of the major causes of constipation are:
- Not sufficient fiber in the diet
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lack of physical activity
- Milk and abuse of laxatives
- Pregnancy, travel, and aging.
- Diseases and conditions such as stroke
- Problems with intestinal function
- Problems with rectum and colon.
Symptoms of Constipation
- Straining when passing stool
- Passing stool
- Difficulty passing stool
- Dry, hard, or lumpy stool
- Feeling bloated
- Cramping and pain in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
If you find any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor before the situation gets worse.
Although constipation can be comforting and painful, it is not life-threatening. It can become an issue if it is due to a more severe underlying condition like colorectal cancer. Some of the severe complications of constipation are:
- Anal fissure
- Rectal bleeding straining
- Symptomatic hemorrhoids (piles)
- Fecal impaction
It is important to consult a doctor to avoid complications when you have any of these conditions.
Constipation in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, constipation is called Vibandha. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to wellness and health that balances body, mind, and soul. It is one of the ancient medical traditions in the world that started in India. The main focus of Ayurveda is one disease prevention, so its approach to treating constipation involves a range of healthy choices. Ayurveda classifies constipation as a Vata disorder. The hard, dry, and cold qualities of Vata doshas disturb the colon and its proper functioning. The various conditions that enhance this dosha are cold weather, alcohol drinking, smoking, stress, unhealthy foods, and hormonal irregularities.
When it comes to treating constipation in Ayurveda’s point of view, it requires Ayurvedic herbs, proper diet, massage, and exercise are major elements to maintain a healthy digestive system. Ayurveda defines three doshas as a form of energy in the body. Every person has three doshas in their body, out of which one is dominant. This dominant dosha is an expression of an individual’s characteristics, health vulnerabilities, and body shape.
The following is a brief overview of these three doshas.
- Vata: This type of energy is linked with air, space, and movement.
- Pitta: This is associated with water, fire, and metabolism.
- Kapha: This one is a type of energy linked with water, earth, and body structure.
These three doshas regulate the body functions of any individual. If there is an imbalance between them, then it results in disease, poor functioning, and illness.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Constipation
Ayurveda has several herbs that are quite effective for the treatment of constipation. These herbs add warmth and hydration to the body, helping you to get rid of constipation naturally. The following are the Ayurvedic herbs you can use in the best home remedies for constipation
Triphala is one of the well-known Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of constipation. These herbs help in easy bowel movement and lower blood sugar levels, improve gut biome, and boost weight loss. Besides treating constipation, it is also effective in the treatment of obesity and diabetes.
Senna is a highly effective herb used in Ayurveda medicine for many years. The Food and Drug Administration also approves it as an over-the-counter laxative. The compounds found in this herb stimulate the bowel lining and relieve constipation in 6 to 12 hours.
Best Home Remedies For Constipation in Shuddhi Ayurveda
As mentioned above, Vata dosha is responsible for constipation occurrence. Apana Vayu is also responsible for the free flow of the stool and holding the stool until it is ready to be expelled. When the functions of Apana Vayu get disturbed, it results in constipation.
Shuddhi Ayurveda presents Shuddhi Package for Gas, Constipation Relief, Good Digestion, Gastric Wellness, and Acidity problems. This package contains Maha Amritam powder, Amalpit Har powder, one packet of 32 herbal tea, and Divya Amrit Ras. All the ingredients used in the package are made of 100% organic Ayurvedic herbs.
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach in order to treat health issues like constipation. By using Ayurvedic herbs, you can get relief from this condition and also it is an effective home remedy to release gas. Ayurvedic remedies are plant-based and are also considered effective and safe. When you use Shuddhi Package, a balanced diet, and yoga, you can see how effectively it helps you get rid of constipation…
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season