Ayurvedic Treatment For Acidity To Improve Digestion
Acidity problem occurs when your cells produce a large number of acids than your stomach needs. The main root cause of acidity in terms of Ayurveda is considered to be the worsening of Pitta Dosha in the body. Acidity is when there is excess-emission of acids in the gastric glands of the stomach.
Causes of Acidity
- Being obese or overweight
- Being pregnant
- Eating heavy meals
- Swallowed air
- Consumption of maida products in large quantities
- Lying on the back or bending over the waist right after a meal
- Those who suffer from diseases like diabetes, asthma and headache
- Eating food like tomatoes, onions, garlic, citrus, mint and chocolate
The main cause of acidity is stomach abnormality known as hiatal hernia. The diaphragm muscle that isolates the stomach from the chest.When the upper part of the stomach and LES (Lower esophageal sphincter) moves from its location then hiatal hernia caused.
Most common signs of Acidity:
- Due to the intake of spicy food
- Burning sensation in the throat, chest and stomach
- Sudden weight loss
- Itching all over the body
- Feeling of restlessness
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Pain in ears
- Excessive intake of tea/coffee
Ayurvedic Treatment For Acidity And Gas
Great Ayurvedic remedy is to grate about one teaspoon of fresh ginger and have it with one teaspoon of lime juice after your meal. Drinking ginger tea is also one of the effective home remedies for gas relief.
- Eat dinner two to three hours before sleep will help in good digestion
- Intake of fiber should be must in the diet
- Have pumpkins, banana, wheat, rice in the meal
- Do not take ice-cold drinks or beverages
Ayurveda Herbs For Acidity
In Ayurveda, Mulethi is also known as Yastimadhu, it is one of the best Ayurvedic treatment for Acidity and Gas. There are various benefits of Mulethi. It plays an important role in the digestive system and the respiratory system of the body. It also provides relief from heartburn and gastric problems. Mulethi also reduces the problem of chest congestion. Yastimadhu is a very good anti-inflammatory agent. Mulethi is helpful in various other problems like hyper acidity, joint pains, burning sensation in the abdomen.
Amla is known to be one of the most popular herbal remedies. Amla is a powerhouse of nutrients and rich in vitamin C , calcium and iron . Drinking amla juice on an empty stomach helps in reducing the problems of constipation and acidity. Amla supports the digestive system and the metabolism of the body. It promotes anti-inflammatory properties that nourish the tissues, heart, and organs of the body and reduced the toxins from the stomach. Amla balances the PH value and sugar level of the body.
In Ayurvedic treatment, ginger is helpful in improving health problems like, acidity, loss of appetite, Bloating, indigestion problems. Ginger is very useful when the juice of ginger is mixed with a honey beneficial improving throat problems. Ginger tea instantly cures the problem of congestion and helps to remove gas and constipation. You can easily use ginger by slicing and grated ginger into pieces, as powder and juice form as well helps to remove gas and constipation. Ginger has been used in cooking as a flavoring agent, it is also known to impart several medicinal benefits.
- Lavanga (Syzygium Aromaticum – Clove)
Lavanga is also known as cloves. it is used as an herb in Ayurveda to avoid and cure the problem of acidity. For ages, it has been used as a flavoring agent as well while cooking in the kitchen. You need to avoid this herb as medication if you have any plant and food allergies, weak immunity and liver disorders. Clove also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent which fights against inflammation of mouth and throat. Lavanga helps to fight for cancer, Relieve stress and also prompt blood circulation.
- Black Pepper
Black pepper is an important healing spice that is extensively used in Ayurvedic treatment. It acts beneficial to Encourage weight loss, improve absorption, fight for cancer, enhance digestion, effective for cough and cold and have several other health benefits.
Ayurvedic Diet And Lifestyle For Acidic Patients
- Coconut water consumed 4 to 5 times a day
- Prefer lemon juice with equal amounts of salt and sugar
- Take mint juice
- Avoid overeating and eat slowly
- Eat some almonds in case of heartburn
- Diet should be a combination of all tastes instead of just one flavor
- Take the meal on time and do not go to bed with a full stomach
- Consuming food rich in fiber since they help indigestion
- Avoid taking water straight away after eating
- Reduce the intake of coffee and tea
- Drink ginger tea once in a day
- Avoid acidic food like pickles, vinegar, tamarinds, and curd during an acidity attack