Agoraphobia: Symptoms, Causes & How Ayurveda Can Help in This
It is a disorder that causes people to avoid places and situations that might cause them to feel trapped, scared and panicked, etc. A person having this phobia may feel panic when they have to stand in line or when they find their seat in a crowded movie theater. This fear is sometimes called Agoraphobia.
When a person experiences agoraphobia, their life may become limited and restricted as they have to avoid places that bring on this panic. Agoraphobia is a condition of being scared of being in a specific situation. The affected individual finds it hard to escape or have a fear that no help will be at hand if something wrong happens. Agoraphobia treatment in Ayurveda helps the affected person to get relief from anxiety and discomfort.
A person who has Agoraphobia may experience fear and anxiety during the below situations:
- Public Transportation
- Being in a crowd
- Open spaces
- Leaving home alone
- Visiting shopping malls
- Feeling trapped
Major Symptoms of Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia develops due to repeated exposure to various anxiety-provoking events. Like other mental disorders, agoraphobia is related to the number of psychological and various environmental risk factors.
Physical Symptoms of Agoraphobia
- Rapid breathing
- Too much sweating
- Rapid heartbeat
- Feeling helpless
- Loss of sanity and control
- Uneasiness, dry mouth
- Faintness or light-headedness
- Chills and sudden flashes
- Fear of death and panic attacks
- Afraid to be in the crowd
- Depending too much on others
- Upset stomach, racing heart
- Intense fear and disorientation
- Cognitive symptoms of agoraphobia
- Afraid to be alone
- Afraid to leave home unaccompanied
- A tingling sensation and lack of sensation
Causes of Agoraphobia
There are several factors that increase the risk of agoraphobia such as:
- Stressful life events
- Anxious temperament
- Stressful life incidents
- Environmental Factors
- Anxiety and mental disorder
- Unresolved Oedipal conflicts
- Depression or irrational fears
- Panic disorder or other phobias
- Genetic or Family history of agoraphobia
Some lifestyle changes are necessary to treat Agoraphobia that may reduce the anxiety of an affected person.
- To increase the production of brain chemicals that play a major role to make you feel relaxed and stress less
- Diet should contain Spinach, avocado and folic acids that provide ease to depression
- Take a healthy diet that must contain whole grains, protein, and vegetables
- Take enough sleep daily that can make you feel fresh and energetic
- Daily meditation or deep breathing exercises helps fight against panic attacks and reduce anxiety
Ayurvedic Treatment For Agoraphobia
Ayurveda offers the best quality herbal treatment for agoraphobia. The herbs used for Ayurvedic Treatment for Agoraphobia are safe to use since they have no side effects on the body.
- Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi capsules are natural and vegan. They help in supporting a healthy mind as well as a healthy brain. The capsules are made from the standardized extract of Brahmi herb. This medicinal herb has many health and medicinal benefits, including rejuvenating and cooling properties. It also helps in promoting awareness and consciousness.
- Stress Support
Stress support capsules help to maintain a healthy body as well as a perfect mind. The ingredient in these capsules is Tagar, Ashwagandha, and Brahmi are the best Home remedies for agoraphobia. These herbal ingredients team up to fight off different complications of agoraphobia. They also fight other disorders related to anxiety and stress. The capsules help to alleviate stress levels and other associated complications in a big way.
- Ashwagandha Capsules
This herb is known to be effective Home remedies for agoraphobia that have so many properties, including immunity-boosting properties. It as well helps to balance the level of the hormones in the body. It is effective in improving memory power functioning, such as thinking ability, awareness, and concentration.
- Detox Tea
Detox tea is another effective herbal formulation for treating agoraphobia. It helps in maintaining a balance between the three energies, rajas, sattva, and tamas. It also helps to balance the tridoshas, Kapha Vata, and Pitta too. Detox tea is excellent in carrying out the different metabolic processes in the body.
All these herbs used for Agoraphobia treatment in Ayurveda have many prevention and healing properties, as well. These herbs have anti-inflammatory, wound healing, anti-aging, analgesic properties, and many more. All these herbs collaborate to fight agoraphobia easily from its root cause.