What is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
This is a condition that mostly affects men and attacks the spine and large joints in the body. This condition is usually long-term. Sometimes it may also affect other joints in the body such as the hips. Joints in which the spine joins the pelvis may also be attacked. The affected joints get worse after a long period.
Ankylosing spondylitis symptoms
- The joints in the back may stiffen and even be dysfunctional, especially the lower back.
- Pain experience that awakens an individual at early morning hours.
- Loss of spinal mobility as the disease progresses with limitation of anterior and lateral flexion. Also, an extension of the lumbar spine is noticed.
- Weight loss, fever, and fatigue experienced.
- Pain experienced during rest time and is more severe with physical activity.
- Arthritis in hips and shoulders may occur.
- It can cause pain and swelling of the lower limb joints such as the knees. This occurs mostly if the condition presents itself before the age of 18.
- Pain and swelling may occur in the ankles and feet where they experience pain in the heel.
- Eye pain, redness and thus causing sensitivity to light.
- Inflammation of the prostate glands.
Causes of ankylosing spondylitis.
The disease has no specific cause, but research shows it can occur due to genetic factors.
Complications of ankylosing spondylitis.
- New bone forms as the body attempts to heal. The new bone thus bridges the vertebrae and then fuses with sections of the vertebrae. The spine then becomes stiff and inflexible and may even stiffen the ribcage restricting normal lung function.
- During the early stages of the disease, some peoples bones thin. The weak vertebrae crumbles and worsens the posture. This may injure the spinal cord.
- A.S may cause heart problems affecting mostly the aorta where it is inflated to a point it impairs the heart function.
Prevention of ankylosing spondylitis.
The disease is prevented by;
- Eating healthy.
- Staying active
- Exercising to maintain healthy body weight.
How does ayurvedic treatment help treat ankylosing spondylitis
Ayurvedic treatments are hereby directed to alleviating symptoms and to reduce excessive disability. Ayurveda is a traditional Indian medical system and is receiving increasing attention from patients suffering from Ankylosing spondylitis, especially in western nations. The medicine tends to interpret
A.S changes and thus treats with various medications to reduce inflammation and severe pain of the joints affected.
Home remedies for ankylosing spondylitis
It is important to note that there is no known cure for the A.S, but there are a few remedies that may help in reducing the severity of the disease:
- Stretching. This helps build flexibility, and it just may reduce pain.
- Applying hot water to the affected areas to reduce the stiffness of the joints. A warm bath may also help.
- Applying an ice pack or cold water to the affected areas may help in reducing swelling of the areas.
- Light massage therapy may help one to relax and be more flexible to perform stretching exercises.
- Avoid excessive sitting since it may improve the stiffness of affected areas. Therefore move around often.
- Avoid smoking.
Diet and lifestyle of ankylosing spondylitis patients.
One needs to consume anti-inflammatory foods a lot, a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and omega-3 fatty acid.
In vegetables leafy greens such as spinach, broccoli, onions and good healthy oils for cooking are key in Ankylosing spondylitis diet.
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season