Understanding Diabetes and The Best Treatment for it
Diabetes mellitus, also known as diabetes, is one of the most common non-communicable and metabolic diseases globally. An individual is said to be a diabetic if her/his response to insulin level is impaired or can’t use the insulin that the body makes. The lack of insulin or misuse of it can Increase glucose levels, and if left untreated, it can damage your kidneys, nerves, eyes, and other organs. Certainly, you can find many treatment types in allopathy, homeopathy, and more; the most effective and best treatment for diabetes is in Ayurveda.
Different Types of Diabetes
Diabetes is classified into different categories. These are:
- Type 1 Diabetes- This is an autoimmune disease that attacks the immune system and destroys cells in the pancreas, responsible for making insulin.
- Type 2 Diabetes- This type of diabetes occurs when your body becomes insulin resistant, and sugar builds up in the blood.
- Prediabetes- This occurs when your blood sugar levels are higher and not enough for a type 2 diabetes diagnosis.
- Gestational diabetes- This condition occurs during pregnancy due to insulin blocking hormones build-up by the placenta.
Each type of diabetes has unique symptoms. The most common symptoms are:
- Increased thirst and hunger
- Weight loss
- Extreme fatigue
- Sores that don’t heal
- Blurry vision
- Frequent urination
Along with the common symptoms, some diabetic men may have erectile dysfunction (ED), poor muscle strength, and a decreased sex drive. Also, women may have symptoms like dry, itchy skin and urinary tract infections such as yeast infections.
Causes of Diabetes
Each diabetes type has unique causes. Let’s take a look.
- Type 1 Diabetes Causes: The exact cause of type 1 diabetes is unknown. For some reason, the immune system attacks and destroys the pancreas mistakenly, which is insulin-producing beta cells. In some people, genes also play a vital role as well.
- Type 2 Diabetes: This type of diabetes is a result of a combination of lifestyle factors and genetics. When you have excess weight in your belly, it makes your cells resistant to the insulin levels on your blood sugar. If you are obese or overweight, it can also Increase the risk of type 2 Diabetes. This is sometimes genetic and runs in families.
- Gestational Diabetes: This diabetes type is a result of hormonal changes at the time of pregnancy. The placenta creates certain hormones that make the cells of pregnant women less sensitive to insulin effects. Moreover, women who gain too much weight during pregnancy or are overweight are more prone to gestational diabetes.
The risk factors associated with different types of diabetes are:
- Type 1 Diabetes risk factors: You are more likely to get this type of diabetes if you have a sibling or parent with the condition or you carry genes related to this disease.
- Type 2 Diabetes Risk Factors: The risk factors linked with type 2 diabetes increase if you are overweight, more than 45 years old, have a sibling or parent with this condition and are not physically active. Besides this, if you have had gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or have prediabetes, you are at the risk of having type 2 diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes: If you are overweight, more than 25 years of age, given birth to a baby weighing over 9 pounds, or have a family history of type 2 diabetes. In such cases, you are more prone to have gestational diabetes. Also, having polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) increases the chances of gestational diabetes.
High blood sugar is responsible for damaging tissues and organs throughout your body. If your blood sugar is higher, there will be more complications. The major complications include
- Heart attack, stroke, and heart disease.
- Vision and hearing loss
- Foot damage such as sores that don’t heal and infections
- Skin conditions such as fungal and bacterial infections.
If you have uncontrolled gestational diabetes, it can affect both baby and mother. The major complications are:
- Low blood sugar
- Premature birth
- Increased risk of type 2 diabetes
Anyone who is at risk of diabetes or has symptoms of it should be tested. During the second or third trimesters of pregnancy, women should get gestational diabetes routinely tested. In order to diagnose diabetes and prediabetes, the doctor uses the following blood tests.
- The Fasting Plasma Glucose to measure your blood sugar after fasting for at least 8 hours.
- The A1C test provides a snapshot of blood sugar levels for the previous three months.
To diagnose gestational diabetes, the doctor tests your blood sugar levels during the pregnancy term between the 24th and 28th weeks. In the glucose challenge test, the blood sugar is checked after fasting overnight and then drink a sugary liquid. As soon as you are diagnosed with diabetes, it is important to start the treatment sooner. However, there are several best treatments for diabetes, the most effective and Best Treatment for Diabetes in Ayurveda.
Diabetes in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, diabetes is termed as Prameha and Madhumey. When it comes to the best treatment for diabetes, Ayurveda is quite popular. Ayurvedic treatments for diabetes range from herbal, internal medications to purifying Panchkarma methods like Vasti, Virechana, Vamana, etc. These Natural Remedies for Diabetes are helpful to enhance insulin sensitivity. The best treatment in diabetes involves a holistic approach with herbal medication, exclusive Yoga sessions, diet plan, and detox procedures.
Potent Ayurvedic Herbs for Diabetes Treatment
- Bitter gourd juice
- Bilwa leaves
If you are looking for the most effective ways to control your diabetes symptoms, look for natural treatment for diabetes Shuddhi sugar package. The package consists of Divya DM capsules and Prameh Rog Har Powder. Divya DM capsules help in controlling blood pressure and blood sugar level. Whereas, Prameh Rog Har Powder helps treat problems related to the kidney, liver, and eyes.
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season
- # Ayurveda Height Increaser Ayurvedic Capsules
- # ayurveda immunity kit
- # Ayurveda Nervous Weakness Treatment
- # Ayurveda To Boost The Immune System
- # Ayurveda Treatment For Anxiety
- # Ayurveda Treatment for Heart pain
- # ayurveda treatment for piles