Get the Precise Understanding of Scalp Psoriasis Treatment
The scalp is the skin that covers the head and from which hair grows. Its skin is delicate and has many hair follicles, sweat glands, sebaceous glands, and a lower barrier function. Therefore, it is important to take care of your scalp just like you have skincare. Just like any part of the body, your scalp can also get problematic at times. One of the common conditions of the scalp is scalp psoriasis. This is a common skin disorder that makes scaly, reddish, and raised patches on the scalp. It can also spread to the back of your neck, inside or behind the ears, and back of your neck. However, you can get effective scalp psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda that helps you get rid of this disorder.
Symptoms of Scalp Psoriasis
If you find any of these symptoms, chances are, you have scalp psoriasis. The common signs and symptoms are:
- Dry scalp
- Hair loss
- Dandruff-like flaking
- Silver-white scales
- Bumpy, red, and scaly patches
- Soreness and burning
Scalp psoriasis doesn’t cause hair loss in general, but a lot of scratching, harsh treatments, and stress that goes with this treatment can result in hair loss. Fortunately, your hair grows back after you get the right scalp psoriasis treatment which clears the skin. If you see any of these symptoms, you should immediately go to a dermatologist or doctor.
Causes of Scalp Psoriasis
The causes of scalp psoriasis are unknown. According to some researchers, it can be caused due to several factors such as:
- Genetic- If family members have this disorder, you may be at higher risk of it.
- Obesity- Obesity can be another cause that affects the skin.
- Food allergies- If you are intolerant to certain foods or have food allergies from dairy or gluten, it may trigger this disorder.
- Stress- Stress can also trigger scalp psoriasis. It is because it can affect the immune system and increase the body’s inflammation.
- Bacterial or viral infections- People with bacterial or viral infections are more prone to have this disorder. This is because the immune system is already in overdrive from the infection or virus you are fighting.
- Medications- Medications such as Quinidine or Indomethacin can be responsible for this disorder.
Diagnosis of Scalp Psoriasis
Scalp psoriasis can be an indicator of psoriatic arthritis. If you have any signs and symptoms of Scalp psoriasis, make sure to see a dermatologist immediately to diagnose the disorder. Regardless of how severe your Scalp psoriasis is, you have various options for treating flakes and itching, from topics, over-the-counter shampoos to light therapy, biology, and oral treatments. However, before you opt for the Scalp psoriasis treatment, you should get diagnosed properly. The few ways this disorder can be diagnosed are:
- Phototherapy is an effective therapy for chronic Scalp psoriasis, but quite challenging. In this therapy, UVB combs and special targeted devices are used.
- Intralesional corticosteroid injections and systemic therapy can be beneficial for patients with severe scalp psoriasis that is not able to respond to targeted phototherapy and topical treatments. These include ciclosporin, methotrexate, acitretin, and biological agents.
How to Take Care of Your Scalp?
Scalp psoriasis needs different regimes from psoriasis affecting other parts of the skin. This is because of hair, which makes applications to topical products difficult. Unfortunately, several Scalp psoriasis treatments are smelly and messy.
Moreover, most treatments need to be used regularly for many weeks before the results have been seen. Special medicated shampoos, especially coal tar shampoos, are useful for people with Scalp psoriasis. Although these shampoos are effective for many people with Scalp psoriasis, they may also irritate the scalp if you use them twice weekly.
Alcohol-based gel, lotion, or foam are another option to reduce itching and redness. Coal tar creams and Salicylic acid creams work better, but are messy. Although cutting hair short can control Scalp psoriasis and make treatments easy, it is not appealing to everyone.
So, if you want to take care of your scalp, the best way is to get Ayurvedic treatment. The holistic approach of Ayurveda helps you to get rid of this disorder without any side effects.
Scalp Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, Scalp psoriasis can be associated with the condition of Ekakushta that is the result of three doshas vitiation, especially Vata and Kapha doshas in your body. The Ayurveda treatment used to treat Scalp psoriasis is Panchakarma therapy. This therapy involves some dietary changes as well as plant-based remedies that purity and detox the body. If you want holistic health, the best option can be Ayurvedic treatments. However, before you start following the Ayurvedic approach for scalp psoriasis treatment, it is wise to consult a doctor for a precise diagnosis. Speak to a trained Ayurveda practitioner if you think Ayurveda can help you with the treatment of scalp psoriasis. For more details on scalp psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda, visit Shuddhi.com today!
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season