Reasons Why You Should Take Ayurvedic Treatment For Asthma
Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. It is characterized by chronic symptoms such as episodes of chest tightness, coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. These symptoms can turn out to be worse during the night or while participating certain activities. The severity of these symptoms depends on the individual. Asthma has no modern cure, but there are Ayurvedic herbs that can handle this lung disease and allow the patient to have a more comfortable lifestyle.Read the blog below to know about the best ayurvedic treatment for the treatment of lung disease such as Asthma.
Causes of Asthma
According to Ayurveda, Asthma is caused by the accumulation of Kapha in the respiratory system. The airways happen to narrow due to the blockage caused by Kapha. This interrupts the flow of air to the lungs leading to difficulty in breathing. Asthma is as well caused by excessive ingestion of vata (cold), taking kapha aggravating food items, and also issues caused by lung diseases. Lifestyle factors, besides, play a role in contracting asthma.
Taking cold foods can lead to blockage in the respiratory channel and resulting in difficulty in breathing. Staying in cold and moist environment is a reason for asthma too.
Types of Asthma
There Are Different Types of Asthma and Few of Them Are Given Below:-
- Allergic Asthma: This asthma is also called as atopic asthma which is generally caused by the allergens such as pets, pollen and dust mites.
- Seasonal Asthma: Some people suffer with seasonal asthma that mostly spreads during hay fever season or when winter season approaches.
- Occupational Asthma: This type of asthma is caused by the work you do. If your symptoms of asthma raised when you are an adult and your condition improves when you are not at work means you are suffering from occupational asthma.
- Non-allergic Asthma: This is less common asthma and is also called as non-atopic asthma. This is not related to allergies which are triggered by dust or pollen. It is generally caused later in life and can be severe with time, if not treated.
- Exercise Induced Asthma: Yes, there are some patients who suffers from asthma which are caused due to some exercises. If your asthma flare-ups during or after exercise, then you are definitely suffering from exercise induced asthma.
- Adult Onset Asthma: Asthma often begins in adolescence, but some are diagnosed when they are an adult. This is called as Adult onset asthma.
This type of asthma can be due to number of reasons such as occupational asthma, smoking, obesity, stressful life or one more reason in women can be due to female hormones.
Symptoms of Asthma
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Shortness of Breath
Ayurvedic Treatment For Asthma
Ayurveda helps to treat asthma symptoms and control the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Bay Leaf
Put a quarter teaspoon of pippali combined with one teaspoon of honey in a bottle. Then mix with a half spoon of Indian bay leaf. The mixture should be taken two or three times a day. It helps to prevent chronic symptoms of asthma. To avoid asthma attacks in the night, take this mixture before going to bed.
- Ginger And Turmeric Powder
Boil a teaspoonful of freshly grated ginger and a glass of milk to make ginger and turmeric tea. Then add a half teaspoon of turmeric powder in it and take two times daily. This is one of the best Ayurvedic treatment for lung disease which helps to reduce the recurrence of asthma attacks.
- Garlic Cloves And Ginger
Ginger is among the most acknowledged herb when it comes to dealing with inflammation. Crush two to three garlic cloves and put in half a cup of ginger tea. This is an effective treatment to let lose the accumulation of kapha in the airways, thus preventing asthma.
It is called Adulsa in Hindi. Adhota is an Indian medicinal herb which is very helpful to control bronchitis. Moreover, it is a very effective cough remedy for asthmatics.
Home Remedies For Asthma
- Boil cumin seeds and inhale the steam. It helps to open a congested bronchial passage.
- Take 11 black pepper, 11 guava leaves, one cup of water, and one cup of milk. Put them all together in a pot and boil well until it is reduced to one cup. Take daily on an empty stomach for at least six months or one year for excellent results.
So, try these herbs and Ayurvedic treatment to treat lung diseases like Asthma.