How Immune Boosting Herbs Can Boost Immunity During Covid?
Immune Boosting Herbs Help in Boosting Immunity During Covid
Covid-19 Pandemic has taught us ‘if you have life, you have the world.’ This deadly virus has not only affected the immune system but also cost many lives. Even today, when the Covid-19 vaccine becomes handy, no one is guaranteed protection. As viruses and other pathogens are affecting lives, it becomes more important to have a strong immune system. Luckily, Ayurveda offers several vitamins to boost the immune system. To know more in detail, let’s start with the basics.
What is the Immune System?
The immune system has a special role in the human body. It safeguards the body from germs, harmful substances, and cell changes that can make you unwell. The immune system is made up of various proteins, cells, as well as organs. If an immune system runs smoothly, it makes you healthy, but if it doesn’t or becomes weak, you will get ill.
Different Types of Immunity
Immunity is of three different types. These are:
💨 Innate Immunity: This is the first line of defense in the body which includes barriers like mucous membranes and skin. They restrict any harmful substance from entering the body. It includes some chemicals as well as cells that can attack foreign substances.
💨 Active Immunity: Also known as adaptive immunity, it develops, whether you are vaccinated or infected against a foreign substance. This is long-lasting and it can last your whole life.
💨 Passive Immunity: This usually happens when you get antibodies to an ailment rather than making it through your immune system. For instance, newborn babies get their antibodies from their mothers. Generally, individuals get their antibodies from their mothers and get passive immunity through blood products with antibodies.
Different Parts of Immune System
The immune system comprises several different parts. These are:
- Skin that helps in preventing germs from entering the body
- Mucous membranes that are moist, inner linings of somebody’s cavities as well as organs.
- White blood cells that fight against germs
- Tissues and germs of the lymph systems such as tonsils, lymph vessels, bone marrow, spleen, and thymus. These are responsible for producing, storing, and carrying while blood cells.
How does the Immune System work?
The immune system protects the body against harmful or foreign substances known as antigens. They may be viruses, bacteria, toxins, or chemicals. When the immune system recognizes antigens, it attacks them. This is known as the immune response. Antibodies are basically proteins that destroy and attack antigens. When your immune system recognizes the antigens, it sends out the right antibodies so you don’t get ill.
Disorders of Immune System
- Allergic diseases- It includes allergies from stinging insects, medications, hay fever, foods, asthma, dermatitis, eczema, and sinus disease.
- Autoimmune diseases- These are autoimmune thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic vasculitis, and type 1 diabetes.
- Inherited- These include x-linked severe combined immunodeficiency, complement deficiencies, and common variable immunodeficiency.
Immunity in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, immunity is based on the concept of acquired reserve and inherited reserve. In Ayurveda, immunity is known as ‘Vyadhi Kshmatva.’ It is composed of two different words, Vyadhi and Kshmatva. Vyadhi means illness or disease, whereas Khshamatva means ‘to resist.’ There are three types of immunity in Ayurveda.
- Sahaja Vyadhi Kshmatva is inherited by birth.
- Vyadhija Vyadhi Kshmatva is developed when an antigen pervades the body,
- Yuktikrit Vyadhi Kshmatva is acquired through lifestyle, general well-being, as well as through a healthy diet.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Boosting Immunity
Ayurveda offers a wide range of immune-boosting herbs that are quite effective to make the immune system stronger. The major Ayurvedic herbs for boosting immunity are:-
✅ Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia)
This is one of the most effective herbs with an immune modulator action. The herb offers various properties such as antibacterial and antiviral that fight against various pathogens. It is also the most useful herb to accelerate the immune power of the body while eliminating toxins from the body.
✅ Shunti (Ginger)
Also known as Vishavabheshaja, this Ayurvedic herb has the potential to fight against diseases and is also a strong stimulant for the immune system. It keeps digestion, strong, and manages toxins in the body. Sunthi (Ginger) is one of the main ingredients of Ayush Kwath or the Ayur AP which was recommended by the Ayush Ministry for boosting the immunity so that we can stay protected from the deadly Covid-19 virus.
Amla is a popular Ayurvedic herb that has been used for various purposes, including longevity and enhancing immunity. Amla is rich in antioxidants and also used in Chywanprash which is known for its immune-boosting properties.
Ashwagandha is a wonderful strengthening herb with a sufficient amount of antioxidants. This herb is quite effective to support the immune system by improving the body’s quality of tissues. When consumed with Bala and Shatavari, it nourishes tissues and helps to build Ojas.
Tulsi is one of the best herbs that acts as a tonic for the entire body. It helps to pacify physical diseases along with mental ones. Tulsi also strengthens and supports the respiratory system and lungs by eliminating excess Kapha. Consuming tulsi daily can prevent recurrent infections and boost immunity.
This is another good Ayurvedic herb for the mind which helps in boosting intellectual power and enhance cognitive skills. As a nourishing herb, it nourishes the brain and heart in order to feed Ojas while improving immunity.
Turmeric Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it is known for boosting immunity and fight infections. It is the best herb for treating auto-immune disorders. Moreover, it also detoxifies the lymph and blood, thus supporting the immune system.
Sitopaladi herb has been used for centuries in order to combat flu and colds. It supports sinuses as well as the healthy functioning of the lungs. Used for treating low digestive power, allergic rhinitis, low-grade fever, it is also an effective herb for supporting the immune system.
Immune Boosting Herbs by Shuddhi Ayurveda
Shuddhi Ayurveda presents an Herbal Immunity Pack that is made of three Ayurvedic products. These 30 days pack protects you against harmful viruses and provides relief to a wide range of health issues. The package contains Vish Har Ras, Ayush Kwath, and 32 herbal tea. All the products in the package are made of 100% Ayurvedic herbs and are completely safe for your health.
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season