Treating Anemia With Ayurveda
Many people fail to get enough iron intake in their diets. Living a busy life and intake of processed food can make you anemic. So, let’s know about this problem and how anemia treatment in Ayurveda is performed?
What is Anemia?
Anemia is described as the absence of blood or reduction of hemoglobin levels in the body. The normal level of Hb for adult females is 12-16g/dl while in the adult males is 14-18 g/dl. Whenever the hemoglobin levels fall, anemia ensues. Hemoglobin is a protein that’s used in transport – that is of oxygen to other parts of the body, and also in the gaseous exchange.
Causes of Anemia
- Anemia is caused by several factors they include.
- There may be an increase in destruction.
- Loss of red blood cells and diminished production of Iron deficiency, Vitamin B12, and folate may cause a reduction in red blood cell.
- Several infections, congenital abnormalities such as sickle cell anemia.
- Diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, hypothyroidism, intestinal worms, cancers, kidney, liver diseases, and excessive bleeding can cause anemia.
There are several types of anemia that have different causes, but the result is the same that is diminished hemoglobin levels.
Signs and Symptoms
The signs of anemia are very slow which is moreover not noticeable at first and can be detected at later stages. Here are some symptoms that generally includes:-
- Dizziness, constant headache, fatigue or lightheartedness
- Fast heartbeat
- Cold hands and feet
- Pain in bones, joints, and stomach
- Skin that gets yellow or pale
- Heaviness in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Tiredness or weakness
Anemia Treatment in Ayurveda
In the treatment of anemia with Ayurveda, it’s always advisable to start treatment with the identification of the causative agent with the patient. Ayurveda establishes the cause of anemia through the vital energies inside the body known as ‘doshas’. The doshas are through which process in the body is run, that each one is responsible for a specific part of them.
In Ayurveda, there are three doshas and in each one of them, anemia is due to different reasons which are described further. There is one primary anemia type that is a Pitta type. It usually occurs due to liver diseases such as hepatitis and vitamin B12 deficiency. Bleeding gums can also be one of the reasons. While the anemia in the Vata type is caused by iron deficiency. However, in the Kapha type anemia is due to energy protein deficiency and you can also see some signs such as swelling.
In the Ayurveda perspective, when looking at anemia treatment it is much more important to see how anemia is expressing itself in every individual.
Pitta Type Anemia:- In this type, anemia is expressed through fatigue, dizziness, dark colored urine, sensitivity to light, yellowing of the eyes, passing dark brown stools.
Herb that works wonderfully for pitta type anemia is Shatavari. In Ayurveda, Shatavari is also used for anemia treatment. It is especially taken if you have a Pitta type of Anemia. Yes, it is taken twice daily where a teaspoon is taken in the morning before breakfast and in the evening one to two hours before sleep. Remember that Shatavari should always be preferred to be given with milk, especially if you have Pitta type anemia.
Vata Type Anemia:- In this type of anemia symptoms are generally shown by rough, dry skin and cracking of joints. The person may be pale or emaciated and suffer short breathlessness issues, constipation or black stools.
In the case of the Vata type, ashwagandha’s made with hot milk is given. If the anemia is Kaphatype, the best herbs used included pepper, saffron, trikatu cinnamon, which is combined with honey.
Kapha Type Anemia:- Here the anemia is often expressed by swelling, clammy and the skin often feels cold.
However, Ayurveda comes with specific Anemia treatment which is generally done with several herbs or we would say various medicinal herbs are being used, which stimulate erythrocytes production. This is also known as Chyawanprash. It’s taken twice daily one teaspoon morning and evening on an empty stomach. Another thing that can be used for Anemia treatment in Ayurveda is Triphala, which is taken before sleep, and it’s mixed with milk for better results.
While you are taking some Ayurvedic products for Anemia here are some ways which can help to treat Anemia at a good pace:-
- Exercise:- You can perform light and regular exercise such as walking and yoga will encourage the flow of prana in the overall body. Light exercises are preferred because patients can feel fatigued and dizziness.
- Diet:- Consume the foods that aid in iron intakes such as beetroot, carrot juice with cumin seeds; green leafy vegetables like spinach; spices like fenugreek; raisins and berries; citrus fruits such as lemon, orange; dates; nuts; grapes and pomegranate.
- Other Methods:- Other methodologies can be taken care of Anemia treatment are:-
- Always cook with an iron pan.
- Eating a cup of plain yogurt, adding a teaspoon of turmeric. It will greatly benefit iron-deficiency anemia if taken before lunch and dinner.
- You can fill a copper bottle with water and keep it overnight and drink it the next morning. IT will help to increase the intake of vital minerals.
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season