Anxiety is something that everyone feels now and then and that is very natural. For example, you may feel nervous and scared when you are about to give a speech, going for a job interview, or have missed a deadline. But if your feelings of anxiety last longer or may interfere with your life then you may have an anxiety disorder.
So, how anxiety disorder can be treated? The best answer to this question is Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety and depression. Let’s discuss this disorder in details below:-
What Is Anxiety?
Anxiety is an emotion that is distinguished by an unpleasant state of inner fear then accompanied by nervous behavior. It is an uncomfortable feeling of fear, especially of anticipated comings like death. It is with this an uneasiness of the mind caused by fear.
Types of Disorders
Anxiety disorder can be due to different conditions and here are some of them:-
- Panic Disorder:- This type of disorder is an anxiety that is very unexpected and is some repeated episodes of intense fear which can result in some physical symptoms such as dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain, or any other distress.
- Social Anxiety Disorder:- This type of disorder is also known as social phobia. This type of anxiety is caused due to excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations. This type of anxiety may be so broad that a person can suffer symptoms almost every time whenever around people.
- Specific Phobias:- You feel so afraid of a specific object or situation, such as heights or flying. This type of fear may cause you to avoid ordinary situations.
- General Anxiety Disorder:- GAD is an anxiety disorder that happens due to exaggerated worry and tension with little or no reason.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Symptoms of anxiety may range in number, intensity, and frequency. This is depending on a person. Symptoms include;
- Headache, paresthesias, vertigo, or presyncope
- Digestive problems, abdominal pain, nausea diarrhea, dry mouth, and indigestion
- Shortness of breath
- Cardiac or chest pain
- Itchy skin
- Frequent urination
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Increase or decrease in food consumption
- Feeling tense
- Nightmares, and feeling like everything is scary
Causes of Anxiety
Medical causes, for instance, un-improving health issues such as heart disease, chronic pain, drug misuse or withdrawal from alcohol, and even diabetes.
- Respiratory disorders
- Anxiety can be caused by non-medical conditions if only
- A patient doesn’t have a history of anxiety during childhood
- The patient has no blood relatives who suffer from anxiety
- A patient doesn’t avoid situations because of his/her anxiety
- The Patient’s anxiety is unrelated to life
Other causes may include;
- Drug Abuse
- Mental Health Disorders
- Personality Types
Complications of Anxiety
The disease may complicate body functions and do more harm to the patient than just feeling fear.
- May lead to depression or other mental disorders
- Trouble sleeping
- Social isolation
- Headaches and chronic pain
- Poor quality of life
- Problems functioning, at school, work
- Digestive problems and even bowel problems
- Sometimes even suicide
Prevention of Anxiety
- Avoid drug and excessive alcohol use. Some drugs, such as cocaine can lead to anxiety disorder. This may happen if you are addicted to the drugs then try to quit. Quitting may lead to anxiety.
- Try to attain help as early as possible because if you wait, it will be harder to treat just like many mental disorders.
- Be active in activities that you like participating in. This may help to lessen your worries.
Anxiety Treatment In Ayurveda
Ayurveda treatment mostly views patients’ physical, emotional, and spiritual conditions. The treatment curbs aggravated prana vata and increase sattva guna, which thus results in a stable and peaceful mind with the help of self-realization and self-control. Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety and depression is the best option. “Dr. Shuddhi package” is a complete ayurvedic package that will help to balance hormones and detoxify the body and can help you with de-stress life.
Home Remedies For Anxiety
- A teaspoon of licorice root powder with water on an empty stomach each morning. It acts as a mind rejuvenator
- Adding some fresh rose petals in a cup of boiling water and drinking it while lukewarm may help uplift one’s moods
Diet And Lifestyle For Anxiety Patients
- Fruits, fruit juices, and vegetables
- Cut down on black tea, coffee, and chocolates
- Breathing exercises are also very essential in relaxing the heart rate
- Other exercises like yoga can also be helpful
All in all, to cure anxiety disorders, change your habits, do meditations, yoga, try to maintain stress-free life, and always prefer to take anxiety treatment in Ayurveda.