Some Effective Ayurvedic Solutions for Thyroid You Must Know
Life is all about balance. Either too much of anything or too little is bad and has its downsides. Similarly, when some parts of our body produce too many hormones or too few of them, it results in some health disorders. We are here talking about thyroid, which is also a body disorder resulting from the unbalanced production of its hormones. Also, we’ll be discussing ayurvedic solutions for the thyroid ahead.
What is Thyroid?
The thyroid is the name of a gland located in the neck and wrapped around the windpipe. It secretes the hormones that help regulate growth and development through the rate of metabolism. But, the term thyroid is also known as a body disorder, which is categorized into two conditions.
- When the thyroid gland produces hormones slowly and less than normal, it is called Hypothyroidism. The person in this condition gains weight.
- When the thyroid gland produces hormones much more than normal, it is called Hyperthyroidism. In this condition, the person loses weight.
As the production of hormones from the thyroid gland slows down, the body’s metabolism also slows down, resulting in excessive weight gain. This condition is also known as an underactive thyroid condition. According to the Ayurvedic perspective, anything in the body is due to Tridosha disorder. And Hypothyroidism is a Kapha disorder, according to Ayurveda. As in Kapha disorder, the body’s metabolism, which is termed as Manda Agni, also slows down and causes many health problems.
Signs & Symptoms:
If you are suffering from Hypothyroidism, you probably won’t know as it doesn’t show visible symptoms at the early stages.
And that’s why in most cases, it’s left untreated, and it causes several health problems. These include obesity, joint pain, infertility, and heart disease.
However, it’s not a disease but a lifestyle disorder that causes many health disorders. Some of the visible signs that the person shows are:
- Delayed puberty
- Hair loss
- High Cholesterol
- Irregularly bleeding uterine
- Sexual weakness
- Slowed heart rate
- Excessive weight Gain
Only a small portion of the population suffers from Hyperthyroidism. However, as the production of hormones from the thyroid gland gets excessive, it results in terrible weight loss, and thus the person gets weaker and thinner. This condition is also known as an overactive thyroid condition. According to the Ayurvedic perspective, this condition is due to increased Pitta in the body. Due to excessive Pitta, the digestive fire increases, which causes an imbalance in metabolism.
Signs & Symptoms
If you are suffering from Hyperthyroidism, the very first sign is that you’ll lose weight abnormally. Some other signs that the person shows are:
- Brittle Nails
- Increased Bowel movements
- Sleeping disorders
- Excessive sweating
- Inability to tolerate heat
- Problem in concentrating
- Fast heartbeat
How Ayurveda Can Help in Thyroid Issue?
In Ayurveda, all solutions are designed to remove the root cause of the health problem without causing any side effects. Therefore, before any medicines and chemicals intake, Ayurvedic solutions for the thyroid suggest eliminating the real reason for the illness by changing the diet, lifestyle, and activity.
✅ Ayurvedic Herbs for Hypothyroidism
As in Hypothyroidism, it’s due to the Kapha disorder. The treatment makes the digestion strong, strengthens the Agni, and balances the Kapha. By taking a healthy diet, the Kapha gets balanced. The best Ayurvedic medicine that can be opted for Hypothyroidism is Panchakarma, which involves detoxifying the whole body providing the cleansing, lubrication, nourishment, and healing of the body. Along with that, there are also magical herbs that can work effectively for treating Hypothyroidism. These are:
- Ashwagandha: It is one of the key herbs of Ayurveda. It helps in treating Hypothyroidism by lowering the levels of stress hormones.
- Brahmi: Brahmi is an herb with unique medicinal properties, and it has been used for centuries traditionally for many health benefits. It balances the secretion of thyroid hormone and thus treats Hypothyroidism.
- Guggul: It treats Hypothyroidism by lowering high cholesterol, treating acne arthritis, and regulating the functioning of the thyroid gland.
✅ Ayurvedic Herbs for Hyperthyroidism
As in Hyperthyroidism, it’s due to excessive Pitta. However, it can be cured by taking herbs that balance the Pitta dosha in our body and lifestyle changes. The herbs that can cure Hyperthyroidism are:
- Lemon Balm: It treats sleeping disorders and balances the production of thyroid hormone. Lemon Balm controls the secretion of thyroid hormone, thus treating Hyperthyroidism.
- Gromwell: It’s an herb that helps regulate the thyroid gland by keeping the stimulation of thyroid hormones in control. It keeps antibodies under control and treats the overactive thyroid.
- Motherwort: It’s a medicinal herb containing leonurine, which relaxes the blood vessels and promotes good circulation. It belongs to the Mint family, which helps cool down the excessive Agni. In addition, it treats irregular heartbeats and thus helps in curing overactive thyroid.
Best Ayurvedic Supplements for Hypothyroidism
Along with herbs and diet, there are also Ayurvedic Supplements present in the market for Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism. We have researched and found out this Ayurvedic medication package called Shuddhi Divya Thyri Package from Shuddhi Ayurveda. It has helped many thyroid patients and proved effective in the thyroid. So you can surely opt for this one if you are looking for the best ayurvedic supplements for Hypothyroidism.
We hope that this informative blog has provided you with all the required information about thyroid. If you feel like you also have the same signs, you can cure them early by using the benefits of these amazing herbs and ayurvedic supplements. If you need a consultation regarding your thyroid problem, then you can contact us at 73986-73986
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season
- # Ayurveda Height Increaser Ayurvedic Capsules
- # ayurveda immunity kit
- # Ayurveda Nervous Weakness Treatment
- # Ayurveda To Boost The Immune System
- # Ayurveda Treatment For Anxiety
- # Ayurveda Treatment for Heart pain
- # ayurveda treatment for piles