Ayurveda For Healthier Children
Most of us are looking to offer the best foot forward for the children in our lives and the one way to achieve this is by Ayurveda for children’s health. Practising Ayurveda is to harness ancient wisdom in a modern world for well-being. Ayurveda for children healthcare has the potential to correct all the imbalances that you might have noticed in your child. It also helps to set a lifelong path to maintain a good health and well being throughout life.
Unfortunately, our way of life’s fixation on speed, effectiveness, and simplicity is obscuring a portion of the immortal knowledge that has kept us on top of the cycles of the seasons, our own circadian rhythms, and eating seasonally suitable foods.
Ayurveda works with the cycles of life and in the pattern of the natural world so as to encourage quality, versatility, and lively wellbeing. Ayurveda is for both children and adults. Ayurveda provides natural herbal solutions for the effective cure and maintenance of different dosha levels.
Now let’s go through the below given details to recognize potential reasons for imbalance according to the types of Doshas.
- Kapha Child
This doshas is slower in motion and people are very loving, caring and patient. If kapha is out of balance then the child will be stubborn and doesn’t want to deal with challenges. They can start tantrums anywhere it could a grocery store or in a mall when they want any toy or game for themselves. Here are some tips for Kapha in your young one:-
- Avoid processed, canned foods and mucus causing foods such as milk, cheese, sweets, etc.
- Involve your child in some daily physical activity for 1 hour.
- Include pungent smelling foods in your child’s diet such as garlic, ginger, onions, etc.
- Try to paint or decorate your kid’s room with yellow, red or orange color to balance Kapha or buy them clothes of the same color.
- Pitta Child
Children with Pitta loves to show their leadership qualities and is often outspoken but they have a tendency to get angry very quickly. Here are some of the tips to pacify Pitta:-
- Let your child enjoy some alone time daily.
- Do not push your child to take part in competitive sports.
- Decorate a child’s bedroom with basic pastel colors such as blues and greens.
- Aromatherapy is best. You can apply a dab of lavender, sandalwood or jasmine oil to the wrist of your child at bedtime.
- Reduce the consumption of pungent food except for ginger.
- Let him use water for playing. Engage your child in some swimming classes or go to a water park on Sunday.
- The Vata Child
Vata means air, motion, and dryness. If you see your child jumping from one thing to another or they get distracted easily then your child is most likely Vata. This dosha has a flexible personality and is easier to balance than other doshas types.
- Keep them warm as they might feel cold while others are comfortable. Keep the jacket along.
- Cuddle them and massage them often and let them sleep beside you like a touch from parents is very important for these types of children.
- Reduce the intake of sprouts, beans, and cabbage in the meals of the child. You can also include sweets things like honey, rice, and fruit.
- Decorate the Vata bedroom using some pastel or earth tones.
Tips For Ayurveda Application For Healthier Children
- Maintain A Daily Routine
The systematic regulation and maintenance of a daily routine are essential for the proper development of a child. Ayurveda for a child’s health recommends a routine and rhythm for activities in a child. The different irregularities in the routine will cause a flood of different stimuli in their lives. This will result in restlessness, anxiety, and hyperactivities. This leads to the inability to find balance in the children. In Ayurveda’s studies, this is an expression of an imbalance in Vata.
Establishing and maintaining a routine and rhyme helps in the creation of balance and restores the dosha level.
- Always Start The Day With Water
Water is a very important component of the human body. It is also essential for digestion in the stomach. Starting with a cup of water does a lot of positive development in a child. Ayurveda explains that water helps cleansing and stimulation of bowel movement. This recommendation applies to everybody from age one.
- Recommended Cuisine For Children
The main goal of all nutrition in the body is the nourishment and energization of the body cells. This requires the thorough digestion of the food in the body. According to studies from Ayurveda for child health care, digestion activities is due to the digestive for Agni. When it burns properly, cells in the body get proper nutrition and minimal waste is produced.
Ayurvedic cuisines provide a healthy and wholesome diet. It also prescribes ingredients and various spices that stimulate proper digestion.
The prescribed cuisines are also useful in the stimulation of all six senses with meals that includes all the associated six ayurvedic tastes. These taste types have different effects on the body and mind.
- Fun Balance Exercises
Simple stretches and other exercises for children also help in the posture and balance of children. Also, these string of activities is very important in the development of a child. Having fun helps their heart condition, conditioning and growth of the body muscles.
Ayurveda also recommends yoga for the focus and the concentration of the mind in kids. This is useful in the academic and intellectual growth of children.
- Balance To An Overload Of Stimulus
Children are quick to take in different types of information from the environment. Most especially are the numerous information from playing computer games, school activities and other daily stimuli. Over stimulation sometimes may lead to some medical deficiencies like lack of sleep. To put your kid at ease, daily routine and rhythm are important for balancing. Ayurveda also recommends some activities like meditation and yoga for balancing imbalanced dosha levels.