Ayurvedic Remedies For The Treatment of Autism
Autism Spectrum Disorder is a bio-neurological development difference in which an individual faces difficulties with nonverbal, verbal communication, and social interaction. Moreover, a person with this condition also has sensory sensitivity, nervous weakness, and repetitive behaviors. There are unique abilities and definite strengths associated with Autism, and these are diagnosed based on different neurological development areas. When it comes to the treatment, Ayurveda is one of the safest treatments for ASD. Many people prefer Ayurveda for Autism as it is safe compared to other ways. In this post, we will read about Autism in detail along with Ayurvedic treatment.
Symptoms of Autism
- Making no or little eye contact while interacting with another person.
- Difficulty in communication, including while listening and speaking.
- Weird gestures and facial expressions
- Unusual voice stone that sounds robotic and flat.
- Difficulty in maintaining and developing relationships.
- Difficulty understanding people’s body language, facial expressions, and voice tone.
- Talking too loud to themselves, mimicking other people’s behavior
- Hypersensitivity to multiple sounds, certain textures, bright lights, and strong odors.
- Uncoordinated movements and hyperflexible joints
- Delayed speech or unable to speak.
Diagnosis of Autism
To diagnose Autism, there are several evaluations, genetic tests, and screenings required. The following are the most common tests a person with ASD has to go through.
M-Chat- The Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers is one of the most common screening tools much pediatric use. Parents have to fill out around 23 question surveys. Then the doctor uses the responses to identify children who can have more chances to develop ASD.
Other screening tests are:
- Behavioral evaluation
- Occupational therapy screening
- DNS testing for genetic diseases
- Audio and visual tests to find any issues with hearing and vision.
Diet and Autism
Although there is no specific diet recommended for autistic people, some autism advocates suggest dietary changes to increase the quality of life and minimize behavioral issues. The Autism diet should focus on whole foods like unsaturated fats, fish, lean poultry, lots of water, fresh fruits, and vegetables. In fact, some autism advocates also suggest a gluten-free, casein-free (GFCF) diet which is found in barley, wheat, and grains.
One of the most effective therapies is behavioral support. When you find the signs and symptoms of Autism in your child, you should enroll him/her in these programs. Remember that ASD is a complex condition, and be it a child or an adult with Autism, it is vital to look for the best program and effective treatment.
Ayurveda and Autism
The Autistic condition has an Ayurvedic perspective which means that treatment includes the balancing act of rest, sleep, play, diet, and exercise. Autism treatment includes therapies on spiritual, emotional, and physical levels. In Ayurveda, the body functions are controlled and monitored by three doshas- Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
Vata is responsible for cellular exchange, memory processing, speech, movement, circulation, intellectual, motor, and sensory action. On the other hand, Vata is responsible for controlling processes like decision-making, planning, and thinking. Pitta dosh is responsible for digestion, grounding, nourishment, and metabolism.
Ayurveda for Autism is a boon. It would be beneficial for people with Autism. This health condition is perceived as a manifestation of genetic predisposition( Bijadosa) or and is a lifelong condition. Both majja dhatu (bone marrow tissue) and Vata dosha are responsible for Autism. Majja Dhatu impacts nerve cells in the brain. The main goal of Ayurvedic treatment is to nourish majja dhatu and balance vata dosha to maintain and enhance chemical balance within the nerve cells.
What Causes an Imbalance of Vata Dosha
There are various causes of Vata dosha imbalance and these are:
- Lifestyle and Vata-imbalance at the time of conceiving, pregnancy, and during the lactation time.
- Extreme mental and physical workouts during pregnancy
- Rajasic diet as well as activity during pregnancy.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Autism
Ayurveda has viewed Autism as a behavioral abnormality with its roots in the derangement of the metabolic and digestive systems. Also, it occurs when the neuropsychological platform is defective. Autism falls under the Unmada category, which is when one or more faculties go wrong. Unmada refers to different forms of inappropriate actions exhibited by individuals due to memory, desires, normal mind, behavior, and conscious knowledge. When it comes to Ayurvedic remedies for autism, Suvarnaprashan and panchakarma are highly effective.
Suvarnaprashan is an Ayurvedic medicine that enhances the metabolic processes in a child with autism. This traditional medicine contains gold ashes with herbs like shakha pushpi, yashti Madhu, ghee, honey, ashwagandha Vacha, and Brahmi.
Available in liquid form, Suvarnaprashan is effective for a child’s memory enhancement, brain development, growth, boosting immunity, and promoting longevity. Besides that, Suvarnaprashan drops are also quite effective in protecting children from several allergic diseases like urticaria, asthma, recurrent bacterial and viral infections such as common cold, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, etc.
Panchakarma procedures are used to detoxify the body to remove toxins and treat autism. A combination of Panchkarma therapies such as yoga therapy, nutritional diet modification, applied behavior analysis with herbal medicine treatment has shown drastic improvement in the quality of life of autistic children.
There are three therapeutic streams by Ayurveda used for ASD (Unmada) management.
- Daiva Vyapasraya is a ritual and right to ward off microorganisms and protect the mind and body.
- Yukti Vyapasraya– This includes prescription of drugs, food, activities, and therapies to keep the body’s equilibrium intact.
- Satvavajaya is a self-controlling technique that includes behavioral, spiritual, and cognitive training and knowledge to develop and maintain mental faculties.
The main focus of Ayurveda is to treat the root cause than the symptom alone. When you opt for Ayurvedic remedies to treat a person with Autism, you can see positive changes in his/her behaviors. If you are looking for the safest Ayurvedic medicine to control the symptoms of Autism and to improve nervous system health, Shuddhi Ayurveda has got you covered! Shuddhi Ayurveda provides Ayurvedic medicines for people with Autism. Made of herbs, the medicine is 100% safe and has no side effects.
According to Ayurveda, along with physical activities and the right diet, a pregnant woman should take care of her mental state for the development of the child. Shuddhi Ayurveda offers special medications that are helpful for both mother and child. The herbal medicines are prepared under the supervision of Ayurvedic experts so you don’t have to worry about anything.
- # 32 Herb Tea
- # 72-Hour Cure Camp
- # 8 limbs of yoga
- # Acidity And Gas Ayurvedic Treatment
- # acidity ayurvedic upchar
- # acidity problem solution
- # Acidity Treatment
- # Agoraphobia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # allergy relief
- # Allergy Symptoms
- # allergy tablets for skin
- # Allergy Treatment Ayurvedic
- # allopathy side effects
- # Alzheimer’s Disease
- # Anemia in Pregnancy
- # Anemia Treatment
- # Anemia Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Anorexia Treatment in Ayurveda
- # Anti Aging Property
- # Apathya Ahara in autoimmune disease
- # aromatherapy
- # arthritis knee pain ayurvedic treatment
- # Arthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Asana Therapy
- # Ashwagandha
- # Asthma Treatment In Ayurveda
- # Autoimmune disease
- # Ayurveda
- # Ayurveda and Asana
- # ayurveda detoxification
- # ayurveda for acidity
- # ayurveda for anxiety and depression
- # ayurveda for autism
- # ayurveda for bipolar disorder
- # ayurveda for digestive problems
- # ayurveda for fertility
- # Ayurveda For Fighting Allergies
- # ayurveda for gastric problems
- # ayurveda for hair fall
- # ayurveda for hair loss
- # ayurveda for hair regrowth
- # ayurveda for hair thinning
- # Ayurveda For Healthier Children
- # ayurveda for hormonal imbalance
- # ayurveda for immunity
- # ayurveda for nerves weakness
- # ayurveda for nervous system
- # ayurveda for obesity
- # ayurveda for skin diseases
- # Ayurveda Gallbladder Stone Treatment
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips
- # Ayurveda Heath Tips For Winter Season