Arthritis is one of the problems which you might have seen people suffering. Yes, it is something that is noticed in the elderly person but nowadays the young generation is also suffering from Arthritis. What is Arthritis? How can you prevent Arthritis? What you can do to treat Arthritis? To know this problem in detail, let’s go through the blog below.
There are different ways in which you can treat or prevent Arthritis. One of the best ways for Arthritis treatment in Ayurveda. Yes, Ayurveda is an age-old methodology that helps to treat various problems and Arthritis is of them.
What Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a term typically used to describe any condition that affects the joints. It is generally swelling or tenderness that occurs in one or more joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which aggravates age. In some types of arthritis, other organs may be attacked. Most types of arthritis affect the fingers, knees, and hips.
What Are The Symptoms of Arthritis?
Most of the signs and symptoms of arthritis are as follows:-
- Tenderness, stiffness, pain, and swelling in one or more joints.
- Morning Stiffness around the affected joints or difficulty in moving joints which could last for an hour.
- Reduction in the range of movement such as inability to use hand or to walk.
- Some of the other symptoms are fever, fatigue, anemia, or loss of weight.
- Pain and stiffness that accelerate due to inactivity and improves with physical activity.
Causes of Arthritis
Mostly, the cause of arthritis depends on the form of arthritis. Some of the common causes of arthritis include:-
- Dysfunction of the cartilage that can come down to even heart problems and dysfunction of the rib cage.
- Injury can lead to arthritis.
- Hereditary factors are another reason for arthritis.
- Metabolic abnormalities (for example gout with elevated uric acid blood levels).
- Effect of infections that can be direct or indirect by viral or bacteria.
- Extreme cold weather can induce arthritis joint pain.
Complications of Arthritis
Some complications that can arise due to the problem of arthritis are listed below:-
- Heart Problems:- For instance, rheumatoid arthritis may increase one’s risk of hardened blocked arteries.
- Lung Diseases:- This may occur due to an increased risk of inflammation and scarring of the lung tissues leading to progressive shortness of breath.
- Can Cause Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:- Inflammation may compress nerves that serve the hand affecting your wrist.
Prevention of Arthritis
- Watch your weight by exercising and eating healthy.
- Avoid any form of injury.
- Protect your joints, especially when sitting, working, and even lifting.
- See your doctor regularly.
- Eating fish also helps as it develops bone structure.
How Does Ayurvedic Treatment Help In Treating Arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis pain is used by Ayurvedic practitioners which they also term as Amavata. This treatment is totally helpful to treat such conditions and may include some ayurvedic supplements, dietary changes, and exercise.
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis will depend on which diagnostic guidelines the practitioner uses. Some practitioners also believe that arthritis is a result of poor dietary and lifestyle habits that cause inflammation in the body.
All approaches of Ayurveda use herbs, supplements, dietary changes, and exercise to help reduce arthritis symptoms.
If you are also looking for something that is Ayurvedic, then go for “Ortho Care Kit”. This Ayurvedic kit helps in providing strength to the joints and removes toxins that are accumulated in the joins and causes pain.
Home Remedies For Arthritis Patients
Some Ayurveda treatments encourage the use of some home remedies, which include herbs and supplements.
The practitioners encourage the use of;
- Ginger:- This herb is best to help ease the symptoms of arthritis. It helps to reduce inflammation. Consume it fresh, powdered, or in dried form.
- Garlic:- Garlic is packed with lots of anti-oxidants. Also, it contains an anti-inflammatory effect that may help to decrease symptoms of arthritis.
- Broccoli:- It is one of the healthiest food out there that helps to reduce inflammation. Sulforaphane is a compound found in broccoli that helps to reduce symptoms of arthritis.
- Walnuts:- Walnuts are very high in omega 3 fatty acids which is good for those aching joints.
- Spinach:- Green leafy vegetable like spinach is full of nutrients and can lower the level of inflammation in joints.
Some of the other foods that we can include in our diet to treat arthritis are grapes, castor oil, olive oil, berries, cherry, etc.
Some Lifestyle And Diet Changes That Patients Suffering From Arthritis Should Follow:-
- Avoid eating spicy foods
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Keep away from excessive salt consumption
- Avoid raw foods
- Avoid eating foods that cause acid reflux
- Consume soups that contain barley and rice
- Using hot water to take a bath
- Practicing yoga routines for flexibility
- Using massage therapy
- Avoid late-night sleeping or late afternoon naps
- Avoid excess walking
- Perform joint-friendly exercises that include walking, cycling, and swimming