Book An Appointment
Fill in your contact details to book an appointment with us. Please allow 48 hours to ensure your booking can be confirmed. Bookings need to be placed within our opening hours.
The nervous system has intricately woven nerves spread out in the form of the web all over the body. Diabetic neuropathy treatment in Ayurveda, can offer respite and bring relief from pain and high sugar levels. Diabetes or high levels of sugar in the blood, if left unattended and uncontrolled, can lead to nerve damage or diabetic neuropathy. Increased glucose levels start injuring these nerves. High sugar content creates havoc in those responsible for bringing sensation to the legs and feet.
Diabetic neuropathy can cause numbness and pain in the feet and legs. People have been rendered immobile and immovable because of the unbearable and acute pain in their legs as a result of damaged nerves. In many cases, this medical condition also leads to dysfunction in the blood vessels, heart, urinary tract, and digestive system. Everyone who has diabetes does not end up with this disorder. But, nearly 50% of people have reported conditions like foot drop and painful leg conditions. You can easily prevent these complications with a few lifestyle alterations. There has to be constant monitoring of sugar consumption, and dietary changes have to be made.
Diabetic neuropathy is of four kinds, and the symptoms vary according to the nerves that are affected by the disease. Diabetes, like hypertension, is a silent killer. It lies low and keeps damaging the nerves, so the nerve damage is usually extensive by the time a person gets it diagnosed.
1) Peripheral neuropathy: affects the legs and feet, and then the damage shows up in the hands and arms. Generally, the patient feels a tingling sensation in his hands and feet, and this can keep a person awake for hours at night. The ability to feel pain reduces considerably, and the person complains of numbness and inability to feel hot and cold. The patient may also complain of shooting pain and cramped extremities. Many people experience acute soreness and sensitivity to touch. They may also develop problems like infections, joint and bone issues, and ulcerations.
2) Autonomic neuropathy: The autonomic nervous system controls the bladder, stomach, heart, sex organs, intestines, and eyes. When this system is affected by the high sugar levels, it can cause:
a) Bladder problems
b) Hypoglycemia unawareness: The patient does not realize that the blood sugar levels are low.
c) Nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting
d) Eyes struggle to adjust with a difference in light
e) Sexual response reduces dramatically
3) Proximal neuropathy: Affects the chest area, buttocks, abdominal region, legs, hips, or thighs. The symptoms typically start from one side of the body and extend to the other. It may just be a nagging difficulty standing up from sitting position, which ends up as shooting pain in the hip or thigh. Even the stomach may complain of severe pain, and the thigh muscles shrink, making walking difficult.
4) Mononeuropathy or focal neuropathy is caused when a specific nerve is damaged. This can show up as:
a) A strong nagging ache behind one of the eyes,
b) Bell’s palsy,
c) Double vision,
d) Tingling in hands,
e) Difficulty in focusing,
f) The little finger in the hand experiences sensation,
g) No strength to grip things with hands.
Research says that high sugar levels ruin the body’s ability to send signals with the help of nerves, which causes diabetic neuropathy. The blood vessels that carry nutrients and oxygen to the nerves also become thin-walled and weak, causing this condition.
People can get diabetic neuropathy because of:
1) Uncontrolled blood sugar levels over a long period of times
2) Obesity is linked directly to diabetic neuropathy
3) High blood sugar is detrimental to kidney health and stops the proper functioning of kidneys. This leads to an increase of toxins in blood and subsequent nerve damage.
4) Tobacco and smoke hardens arteries, and the flow of blood to the feet and legs is hampered thus damaging nerves of the region.
Weakness, pain, or tingling in feet or hands can leave a person awake hours after nightfall. An infected wound or sore that breeds infection and refuses to heal needs to be looked into immediately. The person may also complain of fainting and dizzy spells. The sexual and urinary function may be disrupted. Take help right away! Try out the diabetic retinopathy treatment in Ayurveda to get better. You can also try out the diabetes care package or madhumeh care kit by www.shuddhi.com. This helps keep the sugar levels under control with the help of Ayurvedic herbs such as:
1) Paneer ke phool and karela have anti-diabetic properties, and it can lower blood glucose
2) Ashwagandha helps lower blood pressure levels in the body and is very good at dealing with diseases.
3) Gymnema Sylvestre helps reduce cravings for sugar and lowers glucose levels in the blood.
4) Maha Amritam Churana is very helpful in stomach problems such as acidity, headaches, constipation, burning in eyes.
5) Carom seeds are ideal for acidity, indigestion, colds, and toothaches. They are also a rich source of nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants
6) Cinnamon, tulsi, black pepper is extremely helpful in keeping the immunity high.
1) A fast heartbeat, sweating, and shakiness are not the only things that can be a result of nerve damage.
2) Nerve damage can also affect blood pressure. The body experiences a sharp drop in blood pressure, and this is evident when a person suddenly stands up. The sudden movement of the body can cause fainting or dizzy spells because the body takes time to adjust to the sudden change in blood pressure.
3) It can also make ordinary injuries turn into serious unhealed sores, bone infections, and amputation.
4) If the nerves in the bladder region are affected, bladder control is lost, and urinary infections become very common. Urine incontinence is also a common occurrence in people with nerve damage.
5) Nerve damage can affect the digestive system. It can cause conditions like diarrhea, constipation, gastroparesis, indigestion, and bloating.
6) Body temperature can get disturbed because of excessive or decreased work of the sweat glands.
7) Even the sex organs are affected by nerve damage. Arousal and lubrication issues in women and erectile dysfunction in men are common problems for people with diabetes.
Usually, diabetic neuropathy affects the nerves running through the legs, torso, or head. But it can happen anywhere in the body. All you need to do is make sure the sugar levels stay normal at all times. This stage comes years and years after diabetes has been diagnosed.
Regular walking, yoga, and exercising can help keep the body flexible and improve strength in muscles. This will help keep the stiffness and pain down. At the same time, make an extra effort to control the sugar levels so that the body feels energetic. In this way, the nerves will transmit messages from the brain to other body parts freely. Therefore diabetic neuropathy treatment in Ayurveda is the best choice. So, if you are feeling any problem related to Diabetes & Sugar, you can buy our Diabetes & Sugar package. If you are suffering from a severe health condition, please visit your nearest Shuddhi Ayurveda Clinic. You can also call our health experts for a free consultation online.
|There are no products|